Question Bought an Acer H7550BD for <£400. Return or keep?

Andrew Spinner

Standard Member
Hello all,

I'm after some informed opinion on the above question. Managed to get an Acer H7550BD on an Amazon Lightning Deal for £389.99, which is pretty much the price point I was looking to pay.

I can't find many reviews on it, so I'm finding it hard to assess whether it's really what I want. This review wasn't hugely encouraging, but then that was at its original selling price. I don't know whether the flaws it highlights are perfectly acceptable at the £400 mark.

I was actually waiting for the Optoma HD141x to drop to around £400 (which I now see it seems to have done), but reasoned that the higher initial selling price of the Acer might indicate a generally better deal. If needed, I can always send the H7550BD back, and order the HD141x.

Forgetting price for the moment, which would you say is superior: the H7500BD or the HD141x? It'll be used as a TV replacement, ceiling-mounted, films, sports, no gaming.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Molagbal

Novice Member
Hi there andrew, how's it going?
I have just did me the same exact thing and brought one on Amazon for £380 also.
I beleive it is a less budget model than the HD141x and therefore am going to be keeping mine personally... I am interested if anyone knows more about them in general though as reviews are very scarce at the moment! Thanks

blazer666_uk

Standard Member
Hi there andrew, how's it going?
I have just did me the same exact thing and brought one on Amazon for £380 also.
I beleive it is a less budget model than the HD141x and therefore am going to be keeping mine personally... I am interested if anyone knows more about them in general though as reviews are very scarce at the moment! Thanks

Got one in my basket but not sure.... it seems a good deal.

unreel

Reviews on Amazon seem mostly positive. Seems like a decent discount and cheapest its ever been according to camel camel camel. Only review I can see is in french, but again that was at a much higher price point.

Acer H7550BD 1080p DLP 3D Home Cinema Projector (B00T4GWYOG)

Just make sure you can black out your room and you probably find yourself not wanting to go back to your TV anymore....

One thing to be wary of is are you susceptible to DLP rainbow effect.
I've had a few different Optomas and never had issues.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom