1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought a Sony KV-32Fx66

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bruno_scalera, Nov 4, 2002.

1. bruno_scalera

bruno_scalera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After buying loads of magazines and looking at this great forum, i purchased the above 100hz set from john lewis as i was very impressed by the picture quality. Will be delivered in few weeks and a lovely :) 5 year guarantee. It no longer has the "microwave" stand, replaced with an open stand. I payed more than if i'd bought it from prc or rgb direct but the aftersales service from JL is excellent and i believe it is worth paying a little more for peace of mind.

I was considering the PL10 and the pw9527, but JL don't stock the 9527 and the pl10 has a few problems with it from looking at this forum.

I spent all day saturday going to various stores to see the 9527 and the picture is definately nowhere near as good as the 9617. It looked darker and softer than the 9617 display as it has a different philips tube and it showed. And to be honest the more i looked at either of these pixel plus sets, the more i was not happy with the quality of the image, looked so processed and unnatural. But there are a lot of happy owners on here, just not for me.

Next stop is an all in one system, eagerly awaiting the new "universal" Pioneer NS-DV1000 which is out very soon and am considering buying. Looks cool, specs on paper are good, hopefully the performance will match that.

Bye for now

Bruno

2. bruno_scalera

bruno_scalera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    moderater can you please move this to the TV forum, posted here accidentally! :D

3. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +535
    Hi,

I got my FX66 last week and the picture quality is just amazing.... I went for the closed style cabinet but both look very nice.

I def like the remote finder on this TV, i always wanted to own a set that could ping the remote and bleep so you could find it.

Cheers

Dal :eek: