• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bought a Sony Bravia Tv from Comet, is a refund possible

BritanniaJaf

I bought a Sony Bravia TV from Comet about 3 weeks and it makes quite a loud buzzing noise when on, have got an engineer coming out to look at it on saturday,

what are my options regarding getting a refund????

Eoan

I bought a Sony Bravia TV from Comet about 3 weeks and it makes quite a loud buzzing noise when on, have got an engineer coming out to look at it on saturday,

what are my options regarding getting a refund????

You should be able to get a refund if it's within 28 days of purchase. I've not read the comet policy, but most retailers do that. You may have to pay a restocking fee if they don't agree it's a fault.

BritanniaJaf

Ok the engineer has just turned up and confirmed the fault and advised it needs to be replaced but I now need to deal with the comet shop i bought it from.

Will i be fine for a refund now that the engineer has confirmed it needs to be replaced( only 3 weeks old)

I take it i dont need to quote any of the trade descriptions acts etc etc

Bananaman2006

Novice Member
It is my experience of currys, not comet, that if fault is found and confirmed by an engineer within the 28 day period, a refund or replacement can be taken.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom