• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Bought a OR - What Cables Do I Need?

Member 328449

Just bought an Oculus Rift & touch with an extra sensor (total of 3) so I can have a go at VR.

My PC has 2 USB 3.1 gen 1 type A, and 1 USB 3.1 gen 1 type C. The gfx has a HDMI out of course.

I'm assuming I'll need a standard HDMI - HDMI cable long enough to reach the OR to where I'm standing, and also 3 USB cables for sensors. The front sensors will be near the PC, so should be OK, but the rear one will be a fair distance. Is it possible to power it separately or do all sensors need to be connected to the PC?

What cables actually come with the OR, and what will I need to get extra? Cheers.

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Each sensor has it's own hardwired USB cable, and the actual headset also has it's own cable, one end attached to the headset, and the other end splits into an HDMI and USB cable.

So in that regard, you don't need any cables. You will need a USB extension cable for the third sensor furthest away. Also you will need a type C male to Type A female adapter if I've followed you correctly.

1 x USB 3 port for Rift
2 x USB 3 ports for 2 sensors
1 x USB 2 port for 3rd sensor.

You will also need to decide how you will connect your monitor to the GPU if you will be using the HDMI for the Oculus Rift.

Last edited:

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member

Member 328449

Superb. That's as I thought, and I have everything I need. Thanks!

Thug

I'm sure my 3rd sensor came with an extension cable, so you may not need to buy another.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom