Bought A New Samsung Le40r88bd Yesterday For £673

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by thommo7879, Apr 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. thommo7879

thommo7879
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone.

I've been looking for an HDTV to play the PS3 on:) , and after a hours of searching, decided to opt for the new Samsung LE40R88BD.

In the stores they cost a crazy £999.99, however yesterday I managed to get mines for £673.:clap:

Just in case anyone is interested, here's how I did it:)

I know about the 5% NHS discount code, and the 5% Egg Cashback, however didn't use either of them as I dont have an Egg Card and couldn't be bothered having to wait to get one either.:boring:

So I went into Currys armed with a copy of Dixons latest online price of £802.20.
    Currys online price was £809.99
    (The price of this TV dropped from £850 during last week:)

The stores will now match their online prices if you ask, but I didnt realise it was actually Currys I was in, I thought it was a Dixons.:oops:
    Anyway, I'd previously tried to haggle on a Plasma TV in the same store earlier on in the week and had managed to get about another 3% off the internet price, so I knew there was some scope for a bit of movement on the LE40R.:smashin:

Told the guy about the extra discount I'd been offered a few days previously and told him if matched the internet price (Dixons:) and knocked off a similar discount amount then I'd buy it right now.

He said he should be able to do that, and as he was saying yes, I threw in the old "Oh, and I'm wanting a free HD lead for the PS3 too":)

He spoke to his boss, and they agreed it.

The HD lead was priced at £19.99.

So, off to the till, where I produce a £675 Currys voucher that I'd bought off E-Bay a couple of days before for £575, therefore knocking another £100 off the real cost of the TV:)

So the £1000 TV ended up really costing me £673.

The invoice shows the TV at £999.99, minus a discount of £246.97, plus £19.99 for the HD lead (he disguised that in the discount amount only).
    That makes £773, however I really made £100 on the voucher I bought, so the TV was really £673:):clap:

I thought it was quite a good deal and thought I'd share it in case anyone else is looking for a similar TV:)

2. Blackbolt360

Blackbolt360

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Cool, great work. Awesome TV, even better price.