1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought a new display? Post here

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by David Mackenzie, Jun 30, 2005.

1. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    I was browsing the US AVS Forum and saw a thread where people posted whenever they bought a new display. I thought this was a really cool idea because it's not only interesting to read, but also seems nice and organized. It'd be kind of cool to see what all the 'popular models' are.

So, any time you buy something, post here and answer the questions (heavily inspired by the AVS Forum post, hope they don't mind).

1. What's the model you've ordered?

2. Why did you eventually buy this particular one?

3. What do you like best about it?

4. What don't you like about it?

5. Any missing Features you wish it had?

6. Have you had any problems or issues with it?

7. Do you really think that today's prices are worth it?

8. Any additional info you might want to add?

2. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    1. Samsung LE32R41B

2. The price and timing was right. I had been looking at HD displays and was disappointed with what was available here after seeing the US models online, and was hoping they'd bring it over here. It seems to be the best value LCD on the market right now. (and better quality than many at twice its price)

3. The image quality when hooked up to a good source is incredible and it has an excellent 12ms response time.

4. The menus could be faster; it takes too long to change some things. I don't know if it's the remote or the menus themselves, but it can get annoying. Interface in general was better on my Panasonic IDTV, but I can live with it when things look this good.
    It makes me want to spend more money on AV gear!

5. Nothing I can think of off the top of my head really. DVI would've been nice I guess, but it's the best VGA I've ever seen, so I don't miss it.

6. None that affect me. There's a bug that affects "My colour control" and VGA. (see here) Picture-in-Picture is only VGA/HDMI and another source as far as I can see. You can't have SCART & Component, for example. (my last set let me use any two inputs) But again, it's not something I use at all.

7. Definitely! At £800 I couldn't refuse.

8. For the price I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a comparable set, good LCD sets are finally affordable. :D

3. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Were did you get yours from @ £800?

4. snoods

snoods

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Kilwinning, North Ayrshire, Scotland, UK.
    Ratings:
    +33
  5. iBoris

iBoris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. BEKO 20LB330

2. Bought after trying a 17" Relisys, used for video gaming.

3. The quality of the screen, using and Xbox, advanced AV kit and RGB feed is stunning, almost PC like in the clarity and stability. And only £279.99 from Asda!

4. Not much yet, the stand looks a little over designed, haven't tried it with a DVD source yet, will update when I do.

5. Component inputs for my US Gamecube - but it IS cheap!

6. No.

7. Yes.

8. It's a cheap brand, and I have never bought a cheap CRT TV in my life, but after reading about so many quality issues people had with LCD TV vs. CRT I decided to plump for a cheapo brand in the spare room now, and look at a good one for the lounge next year. I am amazed at the quality of the screen so far, after the disappointing Relisys 17" display I purchased before this.

6. msg

msg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    1. JVC LT-26DS6BJ

2. Why this one? HDMI ready. 7ms. DVB. RGB on both scarts. Natural colours. Good pictures on freeview when seen in Comet and compared side by side with other makes. Adjustable backlight. Nice design. Speakers at bottom. Quality remote control.

3. What like best? Natural colours and strong blacks.

4. What don't like? Can't select programmes to watch now using EPG (though you can reserve programmes to watch later or reserve for recording to compatible device).

5. Missing features? Ability to resize 1024 x 768 images from PC to correct aspect ratio (instead of stretching to fill the screen)

6. Problems/issues? No problems (other than items 5 and 6 above).

7. Price a bit steep (paid £1096 at 'lets go digital'). Having said that, price is £1400 in Comet !!

8. So far, very happy with this LCD (I cancelled order for Samsung LE26R41BD in favour of this due to uncertainty of picture brightness i.e. backlight either full on or dependent on light sensor to control automatically. I'm running JVC backlight below half power. Also Samsung has issues with tearing and green push which I witnessed when comparing sets side by side).

Dave

7. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    1) LG RZ32LZ50

2) my old lcd packed in saw this model in surrys fo £1000 liked the picture is hd ready through hdmi. Ordered online for £860

3)image quality and looks great on the wall

4) sound is poor through speakers, not much of a problem as i use my amp

5) would have liked component inputs to accept a progressive image from my xbox, interlaced still looks good though

6) no problems yet

7) very happy weith the price i paid