Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Bought a new 300GB HD 4 weeks later it doesnt work, need your advice

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jamieuk23, Apr 4, 2005.

1. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi I bought a 300GB hard drive around 2 months, as I wanted to add it to my xbox console.

I sent my xbox a way with the 300GB hard drive to a guy from a well known company so he could fit the hard drive for me, as I didnt fancey opening up and playing around inside my xbox.

any way just got a email back from him telling me that the drive I sent is faulty and wont work with the xbox, I asked him if he had tested it with a PC and he said yes.

so it does look like the hard drive is busted !

just went to the site I bought it from to fill in a RMA and when I try to it says.......

"

We are unable to find any purchases you have made that are covered under this type of warranty. Please check the warranty coverage & reselect. "

I thought you might of got some kind of warranty when you bought a brand new hard drive ??

is it up 2 this company to replace it for me or is it up to MAXTOR ???

do you no if I will be able to get a replacment ???

bought it from here

http://www.extremepcs.co.uk/DYNAMIC/itemdesc.asp?CartId={068F1636-8364-47EF-869DEVEREST-3ECF7DCA9748}&ic=351592&eq=&Tp=

thanks for your help!

jay

2. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    You can deal directly with Maxtor. You need to run their diagnostic utility to obtain a fail code which will allow you to complete an RMA request online. If you can't access the drive there's an option for that too. Maxtor also offer an advance replacement if you give them a valid credit card number; under this they will send a replacment drive immediately and give you 30 days to send your faulty drive back. If found faulty you are not billed anything, if your late sending the drive they will charge you for the replacement they sent.

I'm not sure whether retail companies generally deal with Hard Drives but I've had no problems in the past dealing directly with the manufacturers.