1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought 32ZP48!!!, but -

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Shedboyzz, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Shedboyzz

Shedboyzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    32zp48 arrived on Wednesday last week from Digital Direct.

Great looking TV however I was dreading any kind of Geometry problems. Unfortunately I noticed an issue straight away. Looking from left to right, using a scrolling news ticker (BBC news 24) across the bottom as guide, I can see that the picutre is level and true up to half way, then curves/slopes upwards as you move right.

I would say the total disparity between left/centre and right is about 4mm. It is noticable on all menus, freeview options and any TV graphics that are supposed to be level with the bottom of the screen).

I know it doesn't sound much, but when you pay upwards of £700 for a TV you expect it to be right. I don't believe its earth magnetic whatever as it slopes to the right no matter what way round you face the TV.

So really my question is A: is it worth it/easy to tweak the service menu to correct it or B: does it warrant a call to Digital Direct.

Thx for you help in advance.

Rgds

Paul

2. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I know you have probably found and tried it but just incase, Try the picture tilt option in the picture menu section. Mine has geometry issues but the menus go straight across unless I tilt it with the option. :)
    Have you found any other problems???

3. Sofa1

Sofa1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Chriszzzzz, this model is Toshiba not Samsung :rotfl: I knew you were thinking of Samsung because we have the same TV. anyway, how do you solved problem with geometry by tilt function? it doesn't affect geometry as far as I can tell?

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,188
    I got a Toshiba 32Z44B on Saturday and finally got around to setting it all up yesterday and also noticed that the screen seems to being sloping every so slightly.
    I have looked through the options but cant find a picture tilt option, does my model even have one?

5. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    My brother has this tv and the picture tilt is only on the 36" version i think?

6. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Sorry! Got confused with me Z's and P's and things..... :rolleyes:

Thought the slope problem across the bottom could be caused by a tilt fault.
    Obviously not the case. Sorry again... :rolleyes: