Both Xbox one controllers have lost sync at same time

Fennomenon

Novice Member
Hi, both my sons wirelss controllers for his xbox one have lost sync at the same time. Holding the button on the console and the controller to resync isnt working on either one. They are working with a cable plugged in though.

The only thing I can think is that for the past couple months he has been using a third party battery pack and dock and even though it says they are charged, they might not be... i should check with new batteries perhaps. But i cant understand how this would happen to both controllers at the same time!

Advice please!

lazarus102

Hi, both my sons wirelss controllers for his xbox one have lost sync at the same time. Holding the button on the console and the controller to resync isnt working on either one. They are working with a cable plugged in though.

The only thing I can think is that for the past couple months he has been using a third party battery pack and dock and even though it says they are charged, they might not be... i should check with new batteries perhaps. But i cant understand how this would happen to both controllers at the same time!

Advice please!
I was having similar issues with my controllers for a while. For the record, if it's an issue of the charging dock, the controllers won't try to reconnect, they will likely just blink a time or two, then shut off.

I ultimately found out that my issue was because one of the hard drives I had connected to the system, was failing. It was a name brand drive that was intended for the Xbox one, but I guess after a few years wortha moving/removing/installing .etc, games on it, it went bunk. As as odd as it may seem that a hard drive would mess with the controller wirelessly connecting to the system; when you've been tinkering with computers as long as I have, you get to know that they don't always make sense.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom