• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Both Sky+ boxes not working ?

RajUK

Hi All

My Sky+ box in the lounge won't turn on, ie the red light is on, and remote or pushing the on button doesn't turn it on and green as usual

I tried power cycling it, still no joy.

I then went and tried the sky+ box in the other room and it's not switching on either.

Has anyone any ideas ?

I hadn't even been watching sky at all today, just thought I'd put the telly on a few mins ago.

Is it something obvious I have missed or have both my Sky+ boxes got the same fault at the same time (seems unlikely to me)?

cheers

Raj

YavinMaster

Standard Member
My Sky+ hung this morning - I had to pull the power lead out, wait a few seconds then power back up again and wait for the usual startup. It looks like Sky had pushed out an update during the night.

I wonder if your boxes have taken a bigger disliking to the update.

(I've got a Pace2 with a 250GB drive).

RajUK

hurrah my hero

after having dinner and plugging everything back in everything has sprung back to life

good job really since i still have the last 3 episodes of 24 to watch

thanks a lot for your help

:)

YavinMaster

Standard Member
No problem :smashin: - with the number of times you have to pull the power lead out to do a full restart you would have though Sky would have added a proper power switch by now.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom