• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Both joypads not pairing

BobBob21

So I have the original launch fat PS3 60gb model and the two non-rumble joypads it came with. It has worked well to date (though not used much at all) but have my brother-in-law coming to stay for a few weeks who's a bit of a gamer and so I thought I'd get one or two new games on it.

Powered up last night, worked fine, played a bit of an old game, it worked fine - I was terrible, updated the firmware, worked fine, downloaded a game, installed, joypad was running out of juice and the other was already dead so turned off the system using the joypad and plugged the two joypads into my computer's USB to charge (which is what I have always done).

Come this evening, go to test out the new game (havent seen a 3D game on a PS3) and the pressing the PS button on either of the joypads causes the lights to blink but didnt turn the systems on. So turned the system on and it loads fine but still pressing the PS button and it still wont pair.

I find it a little strange that both joypads would die at the same time but dont know what else it could be an not an expert on PS3s to know what to try to rectify it :(

QBSBuck

Turn off the system. Connect your joypad via USB to the ps3 and then press the ps3 button. It should pair.

BobBob21

That worked for one of them.The second one paired whilst connected by wire but then lost its pairing once disconnected again.

Will leave it for tonight as one is all I needed to see what 3d gaming was like and will work on the other joypad another day

QBSBuck

Leave the one that didn't connect plugged in to charge further through the ps3.

Foster

Distinguished Member
On the back of the ps3 remote you will see a small hole, put a pin down it and this will reset the controller then plug your controller in and then turn the controller on and this should re-link your controller :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom