1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

both analog and digital out from Radeon graphics card?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by TorAtle, Dec 29, 2002.

1. TorAtle

TorAtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got an adaptor with my Radeon 7500 that allows me to get a standard VGA out to the plasma. However I have ordered a projector as well and I was wondering if there exist an adaptor or cable that splits the digital and analog signals into two connectors - one DVI and one VGA.

Does anyone know?

2. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Unfortunately it's not possible to run an analog and a digital display off the DVI-I port simultaneously. The framebuffer will write to either the RAMDAC or the TMDS transmitter, but not both at the same time.

Your card probably supports dualhead output though - is it the AIW 7500? Perhaps your best option would be to use the DVI link for the projector then just run a standard S-Video feed to the plasma.

MuFu.

3. TorAtle

TorAtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

thanks for the answer - although not the one I wanted to hear! It is indeed the AIW7500. So the only option then is to buy a new card with dual outputs..is there one in the Radeon family perhaps?

(s-video input is already in use)

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Most of the newer Radeon family are dual head with vga and dvi. the 8500, 9000, 9500 and 9700 for sure, Iuse a 9000 with the vga feeding my pj and dvi with an adapter feeding a small tft. Its also got svhs out.