Boston Acoustics

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by antistock, Jan 25, 2008.

1. antistock

antistock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have not seen many reviews and the ones i see seem to be mild and not hot...nobody seems to like the Boston Acoustics HS series or the MCS HT packages...

well i took a plunge and went with the hs450 fronts, hs225 center and hs40 as surrounds in a 5.1 (already have the xb4 sub) and i am completely satisfied. i'm not sure if the reviews/thoughts i've seen online about the HS series were from audiophiles or what, but i do not have a complaint about them...

i wouldn't call myself an audiophile by any means, but i have grown up with amazing systems my whole life. not mine, but i've been around them. One uncle has a pair of klipschorn's and my father has both the cornwall's and the heresy's. They are not the "new" versions but the originals. so i would say that i've heard what good sound can be, and i see no problems with these boston acoustics HS's...now dont think i'm saying they are equal to any of the above speakers, but i dont see why they are getting such bad reviews...

sorry for the long post if you have read this far then this is what i am asking: anyone here have experience with the boston acoustics HS or MCS? just curious as to what you guys think of them and what level of audio enthusiast you'd call yourself.

PS: my HS 5.1 is powered with an onkyo 304, nothing special but i'd call it a solid pretty cheap receiver.

2. antistock

antistock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow, 35 views...no comments...ouch.

3. bobpaule

bobpaule
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You asking on the wrong side of the pond bro, AVSforum is for the likes of Boston Acoustics, Paradigm, Axiom, Dahlquist, Mirage etc.

4. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Definitely not much info [or interest] in Boston acoustics on here. Does anyone else have experience with the HS450 or similar? I really like the look of them.

Thought easier to resurrect this than start a new thread.