1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Acoustics Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by common, Oct 1, 2001.

1. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have been offered a good deal on some Boston 90x sat's and a PV75 sub. Does anyone have any experience of these ?

Also can you use another 90x as a centre or is there a dedicated sat centre ?

thanks

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The matching Boston centre is the 90C as I don't think the 90X is shielded.

There is a review of the Boston setup with a REL subwoofer in the Home Cinema archives. I have a mix 'n match system which includes Boston Micro VRS rears. I have been quite happy with them but will change shortly as I have had them three years and it will save me dusting them.

Value depends on how good the deal is.

Regards

Ian

3. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brilliant for it´s size. I have the Boston Sub (75W) and there is the only weak point if you like playing on very high volume.
    Sounds great though on moderate levels.

I have a setup with 2 90x and a 90c in front and 2 small infinity reference in the back powered by an "old but still going strong" Denon AVR 2700.

I have friends who has payed 3 times as much for their systems that reacts with nothing but envy when they listen to my setup....

/Anders