Bose speakers

JackieTran

Standard Member
So I have the bose lifestyle 18 series 2.
If I add the double cubes, will it damage the amp? (because it's to powerful?)

Also, because the speakers connect to the subwoofer, how can I make it from 5.1 surround sound to 7.1 surround as I have 5 single cubes and two spare double ones

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Unless you get a 7.1 reciever you will not be able to convert the Bose to 7.1. You should be able to replace 2 of the single cubes for the double cudes with no problems but you can not add another 2 speakers. It is a 5.1 system only.

JackieTran

Standard Member
Unless you get a 7.1 reciever you will not be able to convert the Bose to 7.1. You should be able to replace 2 of the single cubes for the double cudes with no problems but you can not add another 2 speakers. It is a 5.1 system only.
Damn.
Are the how are the doubles better?
Just the sound dispersal? How about the quality? Does it sound better?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
To make it 7.1 you need something to decode the 7.1 (not that many blurays are 7.1 anyway). The Bose system will not decode 7.1.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Can not answer if the double cube will be better than the single one but suspect it will but quality and BOSE do not really deserve to be in the same sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JackieTran

Standard Member
Can not answer if the double cube will be better than the single one but suspect it will but quality and BOSE do not really deserve to be in the same sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes we all know that the quality isn't great but my dad bought the lifestyle 18 for £300 :)
I really want to know of the quality is better besides the sound dispersal other wise I'd use the original set

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Since you have the speakers wire them up and see how they sound. If they sound better then keep them attached otherwise swap them for the single cubes instead.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom