Bose Speakers warning -Output reduce on high volume ?

craige4u

Standard Member
I want to buy Bose companion 5 and i was reading its owners manual just to educate myself and its stated sumwhere as below:

"The system output maybe reduced by an internal protection feature if you play music at full volume for a long period of time."

What's the meaning of this - Does the output gets temporarily reduced or permanently ?

bluedroog

I want to buy Bose companion 5 and i was reading its owners manual just to educate myself and its stated sumwhere as below:

"The system output maybe reduced by an internal protection feature if you play music at full volume for a long period of time."

What's the meaning of this - Does the output gets temporarily reduced or permanently ?

I think it just refers to some sort of internal protection system.

That said they look grossly overpriced for 2.1 computer speakers, you could do a lot better for the money or get something similar for a lot less.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I suspect it is something akin to thermal overload protection on most AV receievers. It will be a temporary reduction to allow the system to recover from the abuse it has/is being given.
Personally I would not get a Bose system as they are overpriced and perform poorly compared to proper AV equipment. If you give a budget and any restrictions you may have on speaker size etc. then a better system could be recommended probably for less money than the Bose as well.

craige4u

Standard Member
Yes i have called Bose directly, and they comfirmed that its a temperory thing and the volume will return to original after sometime.