Question Bose Soundtouch speakers buffering issues

Thintin

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm looking for help or advice regarding an apparent buffering issue I'm experiencing.

I have two Bose Soundtouch 20s, one 10 and a multi-link adaptor connected to an amp with stereo speakers. They all connect to my Virgin fiberoptic broadband (which consistently provides over 200mbit) via a Tenda mesh WiFi network.

The house also has Phillip Hue lighting, Sonoff WiFi smart switches, a Ring video doorbell and four Amazon echo devices as well as smartphones, tablets, laptops, TVs and PCs.

The Bose speakers employ TuneIn for radio and Spotify for music streaming.

The speakers all experience pauses in playback at different times, regardless of the source, even when they are grouped together to play the same thing.

Rather than list everything that I've tried to fix this I'll just say in the comments of I've already tried it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Turn off the Tenda Mesh and connect them to the Virgin router via wireless to see if the problem remains.

Turn off the Tenda Mesh and connect them to the Virgin router via wireless to see if the problem remains.
Hi Larkone, thanks for the suggestion. The Virgin router's WiFi isn't strong enough to reach two of the speakers, which is why I added the mesh network. I'll give it a go, but if it is the cause of the buffering then I can't see how the Bose system is going to work for me.

The first thing to do is simplify the delivery chain until you eliminate the buffering. Then you have a chance of solving the issue once you know what part of the chain is causing the buffering

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom