BOSE SoundTouch 300 source switching automatically!!!

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by TastyTreats, Nov 19, 2018.

1. TastyTreats

TastyTreats
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Everyone!

My first post:) Always turned to these forums for help and info. However, to my knowledge this issue has not been posted here.

***It is worth noting, ALL of my equipment is updated to the latest firmware.

I have a Panasonic VT50 (55 inch). Had the TV since new.

Anyway, I just got a Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar. I hooked it up per the instructions, using HDMI ARC. This is input #2 on the VT50.

I downloaded the SoundTouch app and connected the soundbar to WiFi. All works well, sounds great! All the HDMI inputs have sound.

My issue starts when using the built in Viera apps on the TV. When I launch the Internet apps on the TV, the list of apps comes up, and when I highlight (for example Netflix). It makes the "ding!" sound. Then after I press "OK" to launch it......it starts loading sitting at the Netflix bar, just as that is happening, the TV automatically switches the source back to the HDMI input I was previously on!

I have no idea why it’s doing this. It does not do this when I have the Soundbar turned off OR if the soundbar is on a different mode (like soundtouch mode, or Bluetooth), but there is no sound coming from the TV in these modes anyway lol.

My Xbox works fine and Netflix (or any other app) have no issues from there. This seems to be only an issue when launching any of he “Built In” apps on the TV.

I think I have tried everything in terms of troubleshooting. Here is what I have done:

-power cycled EVERYTHING at least once

-turned OFF Viera Link on my VT50

-toggled the HDMI-CEC on the SoundTouch app (power cycling the soundbar between each toggle)

-factory reset the soundbar and when through the entire setup again

-disconnected all cables while setting up again

The weird thing is that it does play sound for like a few seconds if I do the following:

I put the soundbar in “SoundTouch” mode (which is to play music from wifi), then loaded up Netflix from the TV and started a movie (there is no sound at this time).

While the move is playing, I switch the soundbar to “TV” mode, I hear the movie sound from the soundbar for like 3 seconds, and then it does the same thing….the source on the TV changes back to the HDMI input I was previously on.

I am at a loss, I searched everywhere on the internet for a solution or something similar. I just don’t find anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions or think they may know what is causing it?

Thanks sooo much!! and sorry for the long post!

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,432
    Try removing the HDMI ARC cable and use Optical between the TV Optical Out and the Soundbar Optical Input.

Joe