Bose Soundtouch 300 & Acoustimass

dx052

Standard Member
Is the Bose soundtouch 300 & acoustimass the worth the price point or can I get better value elsewhere without having too many deal breakers? This system seems to tick quite a few boxes for me & I 'll take a listen today to see if it lives up to the billing, I need to be able to stream wirelessly (I am not a fan of Bluetooth) HDMi preferred, good build quality & must sound better than Sonos.

MovieBoy75

Distinguished Member
It is a great bit of kit and I think sounds better than Sonos bar.

I've actually just put mine up for sale as going to a 5.1 system.

MJ9264

for 1200 you could get a lot better if you buy separates. The bar itself isn't great despite the good user reviews IMO. The professional reviews sum this up well. If you are set on a soundbar Samsung ms 650 or Dali kubik one would probably be my choices.

Gwarf

I might buy a second Bose SoundTouch 300 + rear speakers + sub for my Brothers Birthday. Just seen a used system on ebay UK for £999. Considering I paid £1500+ for mine, that is a no brainer.

Aryn86

Sony St5000 can do everything you need and has all the features you will want for music and movies.

I owned one and I loved it. It sounded amazing. I have the Acousitmass, sound touch and the wireless rear speakers. Together it never failed to make me smile with how it sounds. For 5.1 it worked a treat. It was easy to setup, never dropped connection, and looked good. I only sold it because I wanted an ATMOS/DTS-X/TRU-HD/soundbar with HDR passthrough to future proof myself. If BOSE ever make a new one, with those features, I will buy it again.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom