Question Bose SoundTouch 30 Series 3, Naim Mu-so, or JBL Authentics L16

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by Gamerlingual, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Which of the speakers do you guys recommend? Price isn’t an object. I listened to all three and they all sound great. I do note differences, but the SoundTouch 30 seems to be the best bang for the buck. The Muso has amazing materials and no distortion at double the volume and the L16 seems to have that classy look along with traditional 80s sound speaker to make it feel retro. I know sounds are louder at higher volume for the Muso and L16. But my goal is to get a wonderful sounding Bluetooth audio system. I own a few Bose products along with Sony noise canceling headphones and the JBL Xtreme. So I’m pretty open minded to any brand. Thank you in advance.

2. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If anyone needs specifics let me know. Would the JBL Boombox be another good candidate?

3. DrHarvey12

DrHarvey12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +341
    Hello & welcome to the forum @Gamerlingual :)

You mention price is no object. Have you considered a separates system of a integrated stereo / streaming amplifier and floorstanding / bookshelf speakers?

Otherwise I would probably favour the Naim personally. I've not heard the unit in question but when I demoed my last set of speakers it was on Naim gear and it was exceptional. The JBL is not to my personal taste in favour of styling but if you like it it then that could be a good option too. The last Bose system I heard (again, a different model) I really wasn't too impressed with and I am just not a massive Bose fan in general.

My preference would always be a separates system if you have the space to accommodate one. Just allows for a better upgrade path in the future and typically better performance although potentially at greater cost.

4. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you for the feedback. I understand separate Audio Channels are a much better option but living in Tokyo, space is a premium. So an all in one system would be better. I like the style of all the systems. For me, it is a tough call. Thank you for the welcoming and I hope to ne helpful. I’m not a particular fan boy in terms of one company be all. Your feedback shows well constructed opinions that do not bash any products. I appreciate your feedback again.

5. DrHarvey12

DrHarvey12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +341
    No problem. Hopefully somebody may come along with more experience of the systems you are interested in and can give you some more detailed advice.

I would also suggest you maybe looking into the Devialet Phantom speaker range. Again, I've not had the pleasure of hearing one but they seem to be well reviewed and may be something that could stack up against the systems you have already researched.

I've never been to Tokyo but I would absolutely love to at some point. It seems like a fantastic city to live in. Maybe one day..........

6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well doesn’t seem like there are many Musos around. Is a new Naim Muso being launched?