Bose Soundlink Mini!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by DDeputy, Aug 7, 2013.

1. DDeputy

DDeputy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey just got the bose soundlink mini and thought id share it with you guys

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  2. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    saw these in the Bose store in Orlando. Very cute! Bit on the expensive side but i guess thats Bose for you.

3. norealplan

norealplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +733
  4. Butters

Butters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I bought one today in San Diego after comparing with the JBL Charge. The JBL is better thought through as an all round portable device, but is butt ugly (IMHO) and does not sound quite as good to me. The Bose is just unbelievable for its size and really nicely made.

5. mhorton

mhorton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    I'm in the market for a little portable speaker. Had my eye on this for a while, I keep popping into my local Apple store to see if they have them yet.

6. mhorton

mhorton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Well just had a play with one in the Watford Apple store. What a great little speaker. It's a lot heavier than I thought. Shame they don't have any in stock at the moment other wise I would have picked one up.

7. Pauli363

Pauli363
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm a sucker for these little speakers. One of lifes truly great and useful gadgets.

I started down the bluetooth road with the cute little HDMX Jam that I bought on holiday last October in Boston.

HMDX Jam Bluetooth Wireless Speaker hands-on

I still like this speaker. Well made, and has a decent sound for all they cost.

Then I wanted something small but a bit more substantial, and decided on the Jawbone Jambox (small).
    Jawbone Jambox Review

I liked the sound and reasonable bass, but the low volume levels that this speaker maxes out at was a real bummer. The live sound option was good, but the max volume level decreased even more. The video comparison on the earlier post shows this really well.

Then, this July, I happened to be back in Boston and walked into the local Bose store. The soundlink mini blew me away. It is easily the best small bluetooth speaker I have had the pleasure of listening to.
    Beautifully built, very sleek, and the sound this thing produces is quite superb. It totally belies its size.
    So yesterday, I went out and bought one. With the rubber skin and expensive but quality case, I was £230 lighter. But I'm very happy with this device, and expect to get many years out of it.