1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BOSE sounddock

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by martin10, Aug 24, 2005.

1. martin10

martin10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anybody have one of these BOSE Ipod sounddocks. Can anybody give me their opinion on them

Regards
    Martin

2. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Bloody Overpriced Sound Equipment Nuff said

3. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I borrowed one. Very handy... a little pricey sure, but their claim of 'room-filling sound' is accurate and they're convenient to use. Having said that, the cheaper alternatives are also pretty good. Generally speaking though, I was surprised by how comparatively authoritative these small systems were.

Ignore the 'experts', most of whom haven't used the equipment in any case. Go check it out, but be sure to look at the alternatives from the likes of Altec Lansing as well.

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Not wishing to blow my own trumpet - well just a tad - have a look here at what I thought.

5. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wold disagree with you.

I have a BOSE audio system in my car (factory supplied Audi premium system - Audi headunit and BOSE amp/speakers) and it is fantastic

A friend of mine has a BOSE Wave system and it is completely astonishing how it fills the room with clear, well balanced, music even tho it is simply parked in the corner of the room on a table.

So...it is expensive, certainly, but not that overpriced as it is very,very good audio equipment.

6. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Mike it was a sorta tongue in cheek attempt at humour and each to his/her own. I did audition the dock at a Bose store and was surprised at the quality although at the price they were asking i do imho believe there are better set ups.

I am fortunate in that my B&O system is linked throughout the house and my Dap can be linked in so i have the facilty to listen to it anywhere in the house. In general im not a Bose fan as i had the misfortune to be sucked in by the marketing and bought some headphones which were not cheap yet headphones at half the price were far better.

I also auditioned the Bose Lifestyle range when i was buying a home theatre set up and again im afraid the Bose doesnt stand up to scrutiny against far cheaper set ups from various manufacturers ie Keff Jamo et al.

I understand tho that like beauty is in the eye of the beholder sound in also in the ears of the listener if you like the Bose buy it and enjoy it i personally think theres far better at far more reasonable cost. This isnt based on just hearsay ive actually auditioned various Bose products at length and find them sadly lacking.

But hey whats my opinion worth.................