Question Bose soundbar 500 package vs soundbar 700?

Nigel7931

Novice Member
Quick question please. I currently have a budget that can either get me a soundbar 500 with bass module 500 & wireless speakers or just a soundbar 700 with bass module 500.

Just wondering if you think I should go with the whole 500 package or will I be better off just getting the soundbar 700 with bass module 500?

Sorry if this seems a silly question.

flashf1

Is this for your main living room? What size is it?

Nigel7931

Novice Member
Size of living room is approx 3m x 4m ground floor of a semi-detached house
Ceramic tiled on concrete floor - Any advice to about minimising noise disturbance to neighbours? The soundbar will be mounted onto the party wall (dot & dab dryline) as that is where the TV is based. Thank you

Dunners

The Bass 500 module is a bit of a toy... 5kgs.
Probably best to run with the better 700 version or move onto another brand.

flashf1

Sorry for delay. I have the 700 and sub/surrounds and it's more than enough to fill my living room (6m x 5m) at 60% volume, any louder and neighbours would call police, and I wouldn't blame them. I honestly think the 500 bar/sub/surrounds would be sufficient for your room (I heard it demoed and it packs more of a punch than it would appear to). Having said that if you can afford the 700 bar & sub, do it, it's always better to have the extra volume/power available, and of course in a few months maybe you can add the rears.
One last thing, if you go for the 500 bar/sub/surrounds, remember in the future you can add a 2nd sub 500 too.
Cheers

flashf1

Oh yes, get a nice thick rug, the bigger the better, this will give a much better warmer sound, stop reflections/echoes etc. Re-run the set up/microphone if you get the rug at a later time

Nigel7931

Novice Member
Thank you all. Am considering the Subdude 2 for the bass module - any thoughts or alternative pads? Would a soundbar 700 and bass module 500 still be good too?

flashf1

For your room I'd say probably, it's approximately 10ft x 13.5ft so on the smaller size. Having said that, I wouldn't recommend that combination as the 700 soundbar kicks out extraordinary base (for it's size), and I don't think the 500 sub would add a great deal. Seriously I've been into large av receivers, multi subs, 7.2.2 Atmos set ups for about 15 years until I decided to streamline to a Bose system, and before I added the sub 700, I was seriously scratching my head listening to the bass from the soundbar in comparison to the size of it, it just don't make sense!!

I would strongly recommend the 700 soundbar and rears, and then in the future add the sub 700 if you felt the need.

Remember if you buy direct from Bose you have 30 days to change your mind

rollinson1

Hi Nigel7931
I too live in a semi and found that when I was running a full 5.1 system (Gemini ll sub) I was always being told to turn volume and bass down. At Christmas I went with the 700 soundbar and soon after added the 500 sub and although the base is more subtle than boom I love the sound I get from the two and will definitely be adding the surrounds in the near future.
PS, Peter Tyson is around the cheapest at the moment, as all other sellers generally stick to the standard selling price and are a very good company to deal with.
Just my opinion.

Nathan Bush

Novice Member
Go for Bose Soundbar 700 as it offers more advanced features which you can't get in Soundbar 500. This comparison will be helpful for you to know everything about these Bose soundbars.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom