1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose satellites + Sony amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by lostprophet, Aug 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. lostprophet

lostprophet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hello peeps,

I have a Sony STR-DE925 connected to Bose satellites. I was wondering what kind of settings I should have on the amp or does the Bose sub figure it all out regardless?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

2. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    Not an expert on Bose subs, but if its an active sub (with built in amp) and has it's own volume control you basically set it at whatever volume you like. Basically to one that suits your taste in movies/music or whatever. You could buy a sound meter to set up all your speakers. The idea being that the volume that reaches your listening position (from each speaker) should be at the same level (including the sub). If your fronts are further away from that the rear speakers they should be louder (and vice versa). this is so you get an enveloping sound field.

There is another thread on the best place to buy a sound meter at the moment.

3. lostprophet

lostprophet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Ok so after a search on this forum I've found out that I need the speakers set to large, with Sub set to on as well as LFE, however I've read differing opinions about crossover levels, Bose online user guide say to set it as low a possible, around 80 but I've read strigs saying to set it up at 200kHz. Anyone know which is best?

4. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I've got the bose sat / (passive) sub combo, I have set the following:

Speakers small
    80Hz for bass crossover

I'm just playing as speak with the LFE and LFE+Main because I have an active sub attached... I would say LFE+Main is too bass heavy