1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose RF Controller

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by midiman, Jan 20, 2005.

1. midiman

midiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In order to controle a Bose Lifestyle 25 system via IR I am told that I need to get a Bose RF Controller. Any body know where I can get one and how much? Would ideally like to get a Harmony H655 to work with it

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    do you not have the BOSE remote? all you would need it for is to turn IR on (this is the case with Lifestyle 18/28/35)
    have you tried calling BOSE UK?

3. midiman

midiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed I do have the remote. I realised something was different when I was trying t set up the Harmony romet with the Bose remote. I was in a seperate room to the Bose system and it was turning it on & off. Realised then it was RF as opposed IR. Acording to Harmonyremote website, I need an RF Controler (??????) which can be purchased seperately. Maybe I'm being a bit slow here. Is the Bose Remote Control as supplied with the system what they are refering to? :blush:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    not sure.... I would ring BOSE ask for technical it is probably an acessory that tranltes IR into RF or direct link to BOSE