BOSE RF Controller for use with Harmony

M6TT F

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought my dad a Harmony 555 for his birthday after having a glance at the logitech website and seeing the BOSE was listed.

Now having tried to set it up I realise that it wont control his system without the use of a 'Bose RF Controller' Does anyone know where I can get hold of one of these?

Bit annoyed that it wasnt clearer on their site!

I don't think those Bose converter things are available anymore. They have been removed from the websites of the places that used to sell them.

Check the bose manual to see if it can be set to use IR commands. Some models can be, and if so it will then work with a universal remote.

If it can't, the only option is to get rid of the bose...probably the best option at the end of the day anyway ;)

thanks - not the answer he'll be looking for though :lol:

I'll check his system manual when I get a chance... it's a lifestyle 30 series 2

I've emailed BOSE to see if anything can be done as trawling through previous posts it seems there's a few people in the same situation.... keep you posted!

thanks - not the answer he'll be looking for though :lol:

I'll check his system manual when I get a chance... it's a lifestyle 30 series 2

the lifestyle mopvie systems can be IR or RF controlled is a setup option so may be possible with the 30 series 2 (5 CD system?) the 321 and 321 GS are IR so some |BOSE kit will be supported check the forums at remote central to see if anyone is using a LS30 with a pronto or similar

M6TT F, can you link me to the site where it gives you what AV products the Harmony supports. I can't find it on the logitech hompage! Cheers, Mark

the lifestyle mopvie systems can be IR or RF controlled is a setup option so may be possible with the 30 series 2 (5 CD system?) the 321 and 321 GS are IR so some |BOSE kit will be supported check the forums at remote central to see if anyone is using a LS30 with a pronto or similar

sorry, you lost me there - whats a 321 GS?

M6TT F, can you link me to the site where it gives you what AV products the Harmony supports. I can't find it on the logitech hompage! Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark - you used to be able to take a test drive and set up a virtual remote, but I cant seem to find it on the site now!

What Bose system does your father have?

I had a Harmony 895 but sold it due to poor custom set up. I have a Pronto now. Both controlled my Bose so it is possible, depending on the model he has.

Let me know and I'll help you as much as I can :thumbsup:

Hi gilford - it's a BOSE lifestyle 30 series 2 - he's had for a number of years now, I'm guessing it wont be able to switch to IR though....

Hi gilford - it's a BOSE lifestyle 30 series 2 - he's had for a number of years now, I'm guessing it wont be able to switch to IR though....

It should work fine then :confused:

Go into the system settings and find "receive IR commands", bob's your uncle bud :smashin:

I'll have a look then for him at the weekend.... does it tell you how to do this in the manual?

on another note: I emailed Audio Authority about the device they did that converted IR to RF signals and this was the reply I got:

Hi Matt,

The original C-1024 hit parts snags, production difficulties, and was not
compatible with any remote other than the Philips Pronto models. In about a
month, we will be reintroducing the C-1024A, which will be compatible with
Harmony remotes.

Keep an eye on our website for a preorder offer - retail will be set at
$219.00, it appears.

Best Regards,

So could be the answer otherwise (if somewhat pricey) - perhaps a group buy could be set up :)

I'll have a look then for him at the weekend.... does it tell you how to do this in the manual?

on another note: I emailed Audio Authority about the device they did that converted IR to RF signals and this was the reply I got:

Hi Matt,

The original C-1024 hit parts snags, production difficulties, and was not
compatible with any remote other than the Philips Pronto models. In about a
month, we will be reintroducing the C-1024A, which will be compatible with
Harmony remotes.

Keep an eye on our website for a preorder offer - retail will be set at
$219.00, it appears.

Best Regards,

So could be the answer otherwise (if somewhat pricey) - perhaps a group buy could be set up :)

I had a few issues with the Harmony and the codes of the Harmony site, thats one of the reasons I went for the Pronto, well, that and the fact that it looks so damn cool :cool: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom