Bose remote code for Sony RDR-HXD870

Sav

Standard Member
I have just bought a BOSE GS 321 system and I'm trying to programme the BOSE remote to control my Sony RDR-HXD870. Does anybody know if this is possible? I have tried the remote codes in the back of the BOSE instruction book but none seem to allow me to programme my remote to control my Sony free view recorder/dvd player.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks :smashin:

logiciel

Hi and welcome to AVF,
At the extraordinary prices of Bose devices I'd expect the maker to fix any problems like this.;)

Sav

Standard Member
I agree some crazy prices ! I actually got it for less than half price as it was the last one they had in stock in Currys ! I assume they are about to bring out a new version? Even if they do I don't car as it sounds amazing even if it is last years model.

Any advice much appreciated folks. It would be great to be able to use one remote for everything. Thanks.

logiciel

You did well on that deal! Surely the makers will give you the information you need?

Sav

Standard Member
I have emailed BOSE and I'm just waiting to hear. I just hope somebody can help as it would be better to have one remote for the BOSE and TV etc.

logiciel

It's quite normal for a main device's remote to be able to be used to control additional devices. As yours is able to do that for the list of devices that you referred to it should be possible for further devices. Doesn't the manual tell you what to do in the case that you have a device that is not included in that list? Certainly the makers ought to be able to tell you how to set the remote to control it.

Sav

Standard Member
No, the manual lists loads of codes relating to Sony products but none work for me. I have emails BOSE so will let you know how I get on.

logiciel

That's normal too, as new products are being produced all the time, so the user often has to contact the maker for new information, and that option is usually stated in the manual which is why I asked you about that.
Do let us know what the response is.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom