1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose, Mission or KEFs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Thompson, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Thompson

Thompson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can any of you guys give a fair review on these sub/sat systems - Compare them to budget set ups like the Mission7's package or any speaker package around the £500 -£700 price range.

With out of the way a priority ( wife & kids ) I need to know if the trade off for a proper surround speaker package is worth it.
    I own a Yammy DSPAX620.
    Idealy I want clarity & cohesion over thump & slam bang wallop, but I would appreciate any input.

I have read the other post on this board, but none really go beyound 'they sound great'. I just want to know compared to what ......cheers .

Thompson

2. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm i am not sure which sat/sub system of those brands you're looking at.

But Kef only have one such set and it's the KHT2005. And these babys are currantly the best sub/sat system available. But they are pretty expensive..800GBP.So i can strongly recommend it. It will play excellent with your Yamaha receiver.great for film but also for music.
    The second best Sub/sat set is also from Mission, but it's the FS2AV. You know with the flat panel speakers. It's great for movies and looks very stylish. Perfect when space is at a premium. The price is nearly the same as the Kef but for music it's not as good or is it as powerfull.

i don't like the Bose systems. It seems the way Bose set there speakers up it's not really meant for Homecinema. They try to surround you with sound. Which works perfectly. But in HC you would like to know where the sound comes from. You must feel the bullets fly past you...
    Well with bose thios just doesn't work well.
    Sometimes the sound is just to much.
    Also check if the Sub they deliver is Passive or Active...Bose still have passive subs. While the sets have good active subs.

PS also not unimprotant both the Kef and esspecially can be upgraded easily.

3. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mean esspecially the Missions can be upgraded.

I don't know what your financial situation is. But the Kef and mission is so highly thought of that they are even sold by the small high end companys.

If you're looking for sub/sat setups these babys are just incomparable. They are really high quality and certainly worth the money IMO. With these you don't have to be afraid that when you upgrade to a higher end Amp the speakers will be left behind.

I suggest you should choose first between eitehr the Kef or the Mission.(Which sound is better to your taste)
    After you have done this you should compare the Set you chose with the regular(seperates) HC setup of the brand and price range. And than see what's better.
    For example...if you choose the Kef. You should then compare it to the KEF Q55 setup.(F:q55,rear;Q15,C:q95)
    Teh price is about the same.

have fun choosing