1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose Lifestyle Systems?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kmhtkmhtkmht, Sep 8, 2005.

1. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've packed up my YSP-1 and now need an alternative, how are the Bose Lifestyle systems?

At RRP of 3999 quid it's a bit on the pricy side but Bose has always been pretty good to my knowledge, any ideas?

2. GW43

GW43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    That request should open up a few cans of worms!

3. GW43

GW43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Sreiously though, if you and your partner have developed a problem with your hearing, for whatver reason, you will be better getting that checked out before you go and listen to something else.

You are going to listen before you buy?

4. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't usually Demo stuff before I buy it.

I bought my Sagem HD-D56B purely on reviews and recommendations on this forum, I had never seen the set in real life before buying it.

Same Situation with YSP-1 and the Monolith, all purchased without ANY Demo.

It's the same thing with a cell phone I just ordered, 3000 quid of phone that I have NEVER seen in real life, just read about it and seen pictures - The Vertu Ascent in Black. ( Http://www.vertu.com )

5. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I guess the question should be "what are you looking for". Contemplating 3999 on a Bose system would surely yield some far better alternatives. Does it need to be neat, small and tidy? Sound good? etc. They often don't go hand in hand and, IMO, with Bose you are paying for the name, the style and that's about it.

6. Gary_W

Gary_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    If this 'knowledge' is the same one that led you to believe that your YSP-1 damaged your hearing I suggest you read rather more before pushing the button on the Bose.

Incidentally, I'd ensure that the YSP-1 will be refunded to you no questions asked due to your 'damage'. I suspect they will be rather less inclined than yourself to add 2 and 2 and find that it makes 4038. As such, your chances of a refund when the goods are not faulty isn't so good.

Gary

7. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    3000 quid for a phone!!?? :eek: Sense and money spring to mind :rotfl: Seriously, Goldsmiths sell them but what do they do special? If you don't like it, I have an old Nokia you can swap it with.

Oh, if you're female, between 25 and 35, fit and. obviously, loaded then I'd make a good sugar/to daddy :D

8. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    14 Day Distant Selling Regulations - I can refund anything that was bought over the internet within them 14 days. I have a good relationship with Trading Standards anyways so whatever happens, I guarantee you I can give it back. Plus I am not being unreasonable, the thing as far as I am concerned is not fit for use and plus within those 14 days I don't even need to give a reason. I think it messed up me and my partners hearing WHENEVER I listen to it. I am glad it's boxed up now.

9. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, the Issue of the Phone, I've been thinking about it a lot and I am just sick of having the same phone as everyone else. I had the V3 when it FIRST came out and now EVERYONE has one. I am just sick of chasing the trends, the Vertu Ascent in Black is the one for me.

10. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got an old Philips one kicking about, very retro, no one will have one of those still ;)

11. GW43

GW43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Be careful - for cancelling an order Trading Standards web site quotes: For goods - seven working days after the day on which the goods are received.

See http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/calitem.cgi?file=ADV0051-1111.txt

12. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I'm afraid that a mobile phone is just a tool for me and I am still using the one that I was given four years ago. It makes and receives phone calls just as well as any more modern phone and there isn't anything else that I want from it.

13. Gary_W

Gary_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I feel exactly the same way; I have no use for such a device except to talk to other people. I feel that talking on a mobile in plain public site is bordering on rude to those around you and avoid doing so if at all possible. It's how I truly know that I am no longer 'down wit' da kids'. That and not caring whether or not a shirt has a designer label. If it's well made, looks good and fits then that will do. As long as the price is right :)

My usual response to the advert that says 'ashamed of your mobile' is 'get over it, it's only a phone'.

I guess the relevant question here is will the £3k mobile phone interfere with the £3k Bose system when used in close proximity? If so, will anyone notice?

Gary

14. GW43

GW43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    I wouldn't take anything out of the house worth that much unless it had an alarm, immobiliser and steering lock!