1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose Lifestyle Home Cinema 35 system

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Sam Carter, May 21, 2002.

1. Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any comments on the above system?

2. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Does it come with a builtin clock/radio?

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    If you value looks over sound quality then they´re fine.:devil:

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would love one, but unfortunately funds are not available.

By all accounts they are even better than the Sony DAV - so they must really be something.

I aspire to one of these.

5. Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt whether Bose is better than Sony DAV. I feel Sony is far superior than Bose. Correct me if I am wrong.

Bose and Bang and Olufsen no doubt are the winners in terms of style and looks though.

6. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sugest you audition similar priced setups from denon, sony yamaha etc. bose is hyped up a lot and isn' really hi-fi.

7. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *Waits for sarcastic Bose posts*

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sam,

I think you get the picture by now.

9. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now that got your Attention...

Yeah Bose are amazing speakers.
    I must admit that Bose Cubes are not good in a HC set up, But to all you Bose Haters out there do not judge this company by these speakers alone.
    Because anybody who has heard Bose 802 monitors will know what I'm talking what I'm talking about. And boy do they look the part.
    So I suggest that All you Bose Haters out thake a listern to a proper Bose set up (Not Cubes) and then try and tell me that they SUCK

Samir :D
    But of course this is my personal option

10. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    OK, did that.

They SUCK.

11. Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its really individual opinion at the end of the day. To me, I find the cube speakers
    excellent.

And I find Bose systems have excellent sound quality despite it being on the expensive side.

12. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    So - out of simple curiosity - why ask for other people's opinions in the first place?

13. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pointon
    so what Bose set up did you hear that Sucked
    802's I Think not....

14. Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So - out of simple curiosity - why ask for other people's opinions in the first place?

Well to get people's opinion and feedback. Can you comprehend this?

15. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bose are either loved or hated.

For the money they are overpriced and are outperformed by a lot of other speakers in the same price range.

They are neat little things though, if they were available at a third of the cost then I think they would be better received.

16. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes I comprehend this.

Obviously you did not comprehend my own quite polite and inpersonal question, which merely asked in other words: why are you asking for 'people's opinion and feedback'? As I said, it was out of simple curiosity, as you seem to have already made up your mind, and don't appear to need the views of other people to make a descision upon.

Is it that difficult to answer, without attitude?

17. Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read your posting first and see who has an attitude. If you don't want to give your opinion then shut up and don't answer a question with a question.

Sam

18. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Perhaps you can enlighten me to why my first post was so full of attitude? Maybe you take offence at every simple question that you're asked...

I was simply trying to ascertain your reasons for starting this thread. It's not my problem if you take such questions as a personal attack. I'll make a note never to bother trying to talk to you again. I get enough crap from hostile people unable to answer a civilised question appropriately, without having to waste my time with such people here as well.

19. Brox

Brox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in "House of Fraser" where they have constant Bose demoes. I though the sound was just thumping base and and a treble that bordered on tinny, they're certainly not warm sounding. I would have though that for AV uses they would be ok but not for music.

I do love there looks and if they were cheaper like about the same as the Kef eggs I might consider them for my small room. But not for sound quality at all - they seem to be all thump and sting. Admittedly I didn't listen for long - but then I didn't want to.

20. Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good, at least you know when not to bother people. Learn how to answer questions. Maybe you will get lesser hostile people.

Sam

pointon: Perhaps you can enlighten me to why my first post was so full of attitude? Maybe you take offence at every simple question that you're asked...

I was simply trying to ascertain your reasons for starting this thread. It's not my problem if you take such questions as a personal attack. I'll make a note never to bother trying to talk to you again. I get enough crap from hostile people unable to answer a civilised question appropriately, without having to waste my time with such people here as well.

21. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sam, be careful how you word your posts, spectre wiped one of mine and sent me a pm warning for being amusing/sarcastic, he called it abrasive and it was much much milder than your replies:)

22. doc-wynyard

doc-wynyard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having purchased and been very happy with the Bose CD Wave CD/Radio I decided on the Lifestyle 35 for home cinema, but only after weeks of trying to determine which would be the best buy and eventually convincing myself that the cost of the Bose was worthwhile. Having got it home, the set up is very simple, the cube speakers are neat and to have so much undistorted sound from something so small is incredible. However, in my opinion, while the system is good, looks very stylish and is easy to set-up it is not worth the high price.

23. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    better of buying some wet string and a couple of tin cans - terrible system the cube was - and yes i did demo them, hence the wet string and cans comparison.

Gary

24. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bose falls into the same category as REL, Richer Sounds and What Hi-Fi, in that people queue up to slag it off as soon as it's mentioned.

Bearing in mind the massive contribution that Richer Sounds and What Hi-Fi make to the industry, I'd be wary of unsubstantiated criticism and I'd go listen to them. :)

25. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have never slagged REL or Richer Sounds off, and bought What Hi-Fi this weekend :thumbsup: but thought the Bose Cubes extremely tinny and definately not worth the price for the quality/performance.

I agree that from a minimalist viewpoint, small is good - but not from a quality/performance viewpoint.

As they say, you can't please everyone all the time :D

Gary

26. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Regularly Slag off RS and WHF (would be what the fudge), BOSE has its place, not in terms of audio quality tho.............. oddly LS 35 was discontinued and replaced some 5 months ago...Oct/Nov 04 so i hope you got it for a steal.... not the £3300 SRP £1500-1800 and not too bad!!!! (price wise still sounds pants) have you used the auto set-up routine?

27. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can understand the criticism, but in my book a shop that sells a 575 for £99 is a good thing. As for what the fudge ;) , I wonder if all these dealers that smirk at it, really appreciate that it's paying a good part of their mortgage.

Besides, as the first line of your signature says hornydragon... ;)

28. doc-wynyard

doc-wynyard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have used the auto set up a couple of times now and this is better than some of the cds I have played on the system particularly the base. I wonder is I could obtain a cd of base sounds to leave on and annoy the neighbours?

29. davdee

davdee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have bose lifestyle 28 which i shipped from canada and im very impressed with bose . the sound is amazing the dvd is qualityradio is crystal and it has excellent connectivity. i understand they are pricey at £2500 but in my opinion they are worth it. i have wanted one of these systems for years and i finally have my ultimate system.only one slight problem im struggling to find a multiregion hack but im sure one will come along soon.