Bose Lifestyle audio connections?

steve081272

I have recently bought a Bose Lifestyle 38 with the VS-2 video enhancer. Does anyone have any experience or ideas as to how best connect my components to the main Bose unit for audio performance?

Any advice very much appreciated

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Did your dealer not advise? They certainly should if you're spending nigh on £3k on something!!

steve081272

Fair point, but not really the type of answer I was hoping for.

YellowSphere

Maybe people were hoping you'd tell us what your other components are.

steve081272

The bose only has 1 optical digital in along with 4 coaxial ins. I want to connect my HD box and PS3 to the bose for DD 5.1 sound. The PS3 only has optical out so thats a no brainer. My problem is will I get full 5.1 from the HD box using the coaxial connection?

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Yes, you will get 5.1 from your "HD box" using digi-coax. Sorry if you thought my original post wasn't helpful but the question was very vague and as I said, if you spend £3k on kit, you should really do your homework first on something as basic as what connections to use. It doesn't help anyone to answer if you don't list exactly what you have to connect or what connections are available. You have the manuals and equipment in front of you but we don't. Bose isn't that common on these forums TBH, so it means downloading manuals etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom