1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bose lifestyle 48 Vs good a/v receivers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by saurabhbatra, Sep 11, 2005.

1. saurabhbatra

saurabhbatra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am considering getting myself a good surround sound system.. i visited bose studio the other day and was impressed by the sound of lifestyle 48 and it sure does look stylish with those small speakers but then i did some reading on the net and i am confused how good is it... should i consider getting individual components like an a/v receiver from yamaha or danon and speakers etc.. or should i go for bose.. i like the idea of a simple system offered by bose as i feel configuring and building a custom hometheater would be a lot more difficult and might not always work that well.. but i beleive bose does not have dvi or hdmi output and as i am also getting a 50" high defination plasma... i would like that... but most of all if i spend that much mone on bose(it is quite expensive) then it should as good as anything else i can get... please comment

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    A lot of people like the sound of Bose but the general concensus is that if you are prepared to source seperate components then the sound can be bettered for the same money.

If you want small, discreet speakers, there are alternatives such as Missions M Cubes, Anthony Gallo Micros & Mordaunt Short Genies that will all sound at least as good if not better than the Bose speakers.

A dedicated AV Receiver does have advantages over the Bose system such as video switching but receivers with HDMI outputs are a bit thin on the ground at the moment and tend to be expensive.

How much do you want to spend?

John

3. saurabhbatra

saurabhbatra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am willing to spend somewhere around $5000... of course the lesser the better...

4. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    no HDMI or DVi on the bose.......you do get prog scan via component though.