1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose lifestyle 48 anyone?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sapkan, Sep 30, 2004.

1. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The above is a new system featured on the bose.com american site and supposedly will be coming here soon. It features a hard drive and some clever electronics that figure out your music preferences and play the tunes u like. wow :clap: I doubt that anyone has heard it yet but if you have share your thoughts here. It uses the smaller jewel cubes so soundwise it will probably be like the lifestyle 50. I have the lifestyle 12 that uses the bigger cubes and the sound is pretty shoddy for music and ok for movies. Bose gurus :lease: comment

2. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its not to bad well it is a bose yep its got the hard drive but only for music which seems strange? and at least they have had the sense to use decent connections this time ( component ) instead of the usual s,video to be quite honest id be tempted to wait for pioneers dvd recorder due in dec/jan £1300. a decent amp / speakers and sub and a 40gig ipod or i river to use as the music hard drive and all for less than the price of a 48 multiple use system then with hdmi connction dvd recorder and portable storage system a bose cant do that. the reason you buy bose is the same reason you buy b & o. brand , design

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    All bose lifestyle DVD head units (except321) have compoonent outputs.................. BOSE System link MR should be interesting...... But overpriced for HC use...OK if you want a retro fit MR system music server and 5.1 in lounge with a plasma (previous models worked really well with HHA Fujitsu screens) 38 and 48 will hit uk late November if memory serves............48 similar price to 50 £4k for 5.1 :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do the 18 and 28 have component ????? (adapt iq ) adapt my eyes more like gonna look 2moro now doh !!!! :blush:

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    just like the 35 has component :rtfm: mate Bit of an oversight by you is it not..... You can even switch an external component source mate!!!!!!:D

6. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    how do the smaller jewel cubes compare soundwise to the standard ones?

7. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    horney ive just looked and i can see no component output on the 18 or 28 . video out yes , composite out yes svhs out yes component out no

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    ha ha ha have a look in the Box that the systems come in and search set put menu last Page IIRC Video output avalable as Video or ?????
    :rtfm:

9. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh but my point is that it does not have red (pr/cr) blue (pb/cb)or green(y) component outputs on the machine its self so in that respect im right am i not ;)

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    the labelling of the connections has nowt to do with what it will ouput switch or is capable of the fact BOSE ship them all with the component adapter lead wich does have RED/Green/Blue RCA ends is just like a unit with scart that will out put composite/S-video/RGBS/YPbPr at the end of the day all connectors are capbale of carring analogue video you just need enough of them capable of carrying the required bandwith........ Perhaps they should have fitted them all with D-subs and an adapter....... but you get everything in the box to do it i admit a round about way but do be it (very clever if you ask me)

11. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    horney i thank you very much for your input and i vow that in future i will make more of an effort to :rtfm: as i now understand that even though to the naked eye the bose doesnot seem to do component due to its lack of visual outputs it is however capable of sending the signal . many thanks for your guidence on this matter. :thumbsup: