Bose Home Cinema Set Up Help

JD99

Standard Member
Hi - I'm a newbie to this site and was looking some advice.

I'm moving into a new house next month and the owner is leaving me the majority of his home cinema set up. This consists of a Bose Lifestyle 38 system - which he has his Sky box connected through - outputting to a projector. The system also controls B&W ceiling speakers in a number of other rooms around the house.

The problem is he wants to take the head unit from the Bose system with him as it contains a hard drive with all his music on it.

I have priced second hand Bose 38 head units on ebay for between £500 and £1,000 - but I'm not sure whether I would have to stick with this head unit or whether there is a more modern head unit I could integrate into the existing set up (powering the Bose 38 5.1 speakers and the B&W speakers in the other rooms?

Ultimately I will want to connect Sky HD (HDMI), PS3 (HDMI) and Apple TV (HDMI) through the cinema system. Could anyone recommend the best way of approaching this?

Thanks

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I'd go for an AVR and see how the 5:1 speakers worked with that.

DLoop

If you are wanting to maintain the Bose powered acoustimass module, direct/reflecting cube speakers and SA2 or 3 amps that are driving the multi room speakers then you are pretty much tied into replacing the Bose head unit.

My understanding however is that you could go for one of the head units without a hard drive (model AV18 as found in the Lifestyle 18 and 28) which may well be cheaper to source.

Worth double checking which LS38 series he has.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom