BOSE Cinemate

itsmeeddie

Standard Member
Hi guys, can somebody shed some light or advice...

I currently have toshiba HD DVD player (E1), I am wanting to get myself a surround soud set-up, happy with a 2.1 system, for the size of my room.

Does anybody know much about the BOSE Cinemate or any other set-ups around the £300 mark?
Would it compliment my HD DVD player, currently watching 300, the KINGDOM & Transformers and Blue Planet, Im loving but now I want the actual sound that I should be getting from the HD DVD's.

Thanks for any help regarding this

Eddie

Sniper

You will find that a lot of ppl here are not Bose fans (quite the contrary) - I'm quite indifferent to them myself. Still - no idea what they cost or how the Bose Cinemate sounds.

If you're sure not gonna move up to 5.1, then why not consider hi-fi seperates? You should be able to get a decent stereo amp (Cambridge Audio, or maybe NAD), and a couple of speakers (maybe Wharfedale Diamonds / Tannoy Mercury) for something closer to £400. I'll bet you anything it would sound better than any brand 2.1 ready to go system.

Also note that w/o HD sound decoders (DTS-HD, DD TrueHD), which are found only on the newer surround amps, you won't be able to hear "the actual sound" HD-DVD is capable of. (don't let that bother you much thou')

Alun

Have a look here while you're doing your research

I once bought Bose. acoustimass 15's. Never again.

Cheers

Alun

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom