1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BOSE Center Speaker

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mike Dando, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Mike Dando

Mike Dando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to list to some centre speakers at the weekend. I have Mission 702e fronts so I was interested in the 70C1 and the 70C2.

When I told the sales person that I wanted a center speaker, he immediately declared, "You need the BOSE". He then proceeded to tell me that it was a very neutral speaker that would blend with any system. Is this just sales b****x.? From the threads I have read on this forum, I understood that it was best to match a center speaker make/model with the fronts.

I had a listen anyway. It sounded OK. The one very appealing thing about it is its size. It is wide but very slim in depth and height, and would easily fit ontop of my TV.

The missions, although sounding good would be way too big to go ontop of my TV. I would have to do some re-arrangements to sit it under the TV.

I can't remember the BOSE model, but I think they only do one center speaker anyway.

Any comments?

Mike.