bose am5 alternative for the kitchen

dbaplaya

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm after some speakers for the kitchen. On one side I will have 2 ceiling speakers, on the other there is a vaulted ceiling and with the insulation reg's etc i cant drill into it so i need surface mounted.

Any alternative's on the Bose? I need a small speaker but want bass as well.

Budget up to £400.

thanks

BOSTON ACOUSTICS SOUNDWARE XS 2.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM

I know that their 5.1 system is well regarded, and comes in several shades other than black:D

Just had another thought, you might try the Orb Audio Mods as well, they do a 2.1 system and again there are different colours to chose from. They're little "orbs" as the name suggests and look pretty cool IMHO and I think the reviews have been fairly good to boot...

Last edited:
Hi Duke,
I have the Orbs in the lounge! they are great.

The problem i have is i need a sub+sat system that can all be mounted at ceiling height and not need AC power. I have already put the wiring in for the speakers and the thing i like about the bose is that it doesnt need ac power and the sub can be wall mounted.

if anyone can recommend a normal set of speakers that would give me half decent base that look trendy/good/funky etc then please let me know.

thanks

Sorry, you're correct. Was getting the AM5's mixed up with the AM6's and forgot that the AM5's are connected up like a standard pair of stereo speakers. Hmmm - ya got me on this one. I can't remember any systems that have the 2.1 configuration without an active sub (which would take seperate power supply) -

Any way you could hide an active sub in a vented cupboard/cabinet somewhere in that room? Just a thought...

Don't know that it's possible to get big bass from diminutive speakers. The smallest I would think you could go would be LARGE bookskelf speakers and they are not svelt or stylish by any stretch of the imagination - nice and functional. And too big to hang from the ceiling I'm affraid...

Acoustic energy aego m's, wont find anything better for the money, just need to hide the sub.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom