Bose Am10 Iii

(GTV)Chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Because of the size/layout of my room my existing speakers are too bulky to fit in the corner of my 5.1 home cinema setup...The lounge door keeps crashing into the left one.
I am contemplating the Bose AM10 III with active sub.
Are there any down sides I should be aware of...bearing in mind that it is a compromise on my previous B&W speakers.

Cheers

Chris

Most people here will tell you that the only downside to Bose is the sound. Just make sure that you have a good demo and are happy with what you are buying before parting with cash as there are so many better sounding alternatives around.

Uncle Eric

Just had a listen to the Anthony Gallo setup.
Pretty amazing!!!!
Quite expensive though £1250 :(
Couldn't believethat sound came out of those tiny spheres.
Thanx for the recommendation.

Chris

Originally posted by (GTV)Chris
Quite expensive though £1250 :(

Without wishing to sound like Eric's assistant, his power buy price for 5 balls (in black or white) plus the sub is £1125.

Matt.

Thanks for the info...still expensive but a good discount none the less.
I may sell some poor performing shares to buy them :)

Ta

C

A friend of mine used to own the Bose AM system.

It was....well, how can i put it.........sort of.............

SHYTE

Luckily, he now has a better set of speakers

Adzman

LOL.

I may stick with my B&W's :)

Ta

Chris

Hey Adzman

Thats very informative. You should be a technical writer

Most people here seem to think that Bose is a triumph of marketing over sound quality and Adzman may have thought that my original post may have been a little too subtle and just wished to re-inforce my message in a less subtle manner :D

(GTV) Chris. If you currently have B&W speakers and are contemplating a change to Bose, be very careful as they are in a different class and we don't want you back here in a couple of months threatening suicide.

You are absolutely right.
I have decided to stay with my B&W's. I love the sound and will just have to place them dicreetly in the room.

:D

Chris

z5461313

I am not a technical writer, nor am i gifted in the ins & outs of how componenets are made & designed..

It does not take Dr Spock to work out that the BOSE AM units fall a tad short of what you'd expect for their price.

When you put them up against any decent 5.1 package, the results (to my ears anyway) are interesting to say the least....

Why don't you try it mate.

Adzman.

Hi

Its been talked about before so there is no point I think

Just to say I've been through all the listening and am still very happy with my AM15 system

Just to say I've been through all the listening and am still very happy with my AM15 system

That's cool mate...hope you enjoy it...everyone has different opinions.......

Best wishes.

Adzman..

whats interesting is the bose sub/sats against acoustic energy aego systems...my dealer told me they were designed by the same person. can anyone confirm this?

Even if true that doesn't mean anything, after all Giugiaro designed the Morris Ital and Daewoo Leganzo as well as some of the most stunning cars in the world

Originally posted by dts_boy
whats interesting is the bose sub/sats against acoustic energy aego systems...my dealer told me they were designed by the same person. can anyone confirm this?

The Aego designer did work for Bose on Acoustimass satellite design.
Is that a plus ?

I listened to both systems before settling on the Aego: there's no comparison. The Aego has some midrange!

Also, it's easy to add a dedicated subwoofer to the aego, which really made a difference to my system.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom