1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bose acoutamass 10 series ???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rbrites, Aug 23, 2005.

1. rbrites

rbrites

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

Can someone give an opinion about these speakers???

are they any good ?

TKS

2. NWhiteley

NWhiteley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    most people on this forum dont care for them much, myself .. ive never heard them, so i cant offer an opinion

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    Well I've never heard the Bose acoutamass 10, but I did previously own and older version of the Bose acoutamass speakers (can't remember the model number) and can honestly say that they are fairly good, but way over priced. IMO you can buy far better speakers for less money.
    I suggest you get out to a few dealers and demo several different speaker setups within your budget before making a decision on what to buy.

Mark.

4. rbrites

rbrites

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TKS Iam going to test some misson and B&W speakers, are these any good if so which ones should i go for and which of these amps should i use Pioneer vsx2014-s or even on the Yamaha 757

5. xavier71

xavier71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I owned a set of these and found that the sound dispersment was excellent however when i cranked up the volume i was left wanting, and wanting a lot more i might add, they seemed to lose alot when power was asked of them, also the subwoofer that they are accompanied with IMO is rubbish, i am not a lover of passive subs anyway but this one will not be getting a recomendation from me, and like marke19 says they are well overpriced, there are plenty of better out there for the same price.
    i must clarify that i am talking about the original am10's and not the updated packages they now have.

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    Go with the setup that sounds best to you! All speakers and amps/receivers will have their own sound. Speakers that work well with one amp may sound poor with another, so you need to demo.
    My advice is to listen to as many combinations as you can within your budget and then buy the setup that sound the best 'to you'! After all the money is coming out of your wallet, so it's only your ears that need to be convinced.

Happy hunting,
    Mark.

7. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've been a happy owner for a few years now. My wife and I use them every day as the plasma doesn't have any speakers and the biggest plus point I could give them is there 'easy to listen to' nature as I percieve them to give a very natural sound. They also haven't missed a beat in the time we have had them.

I would not profess that they are the best but I find it annoying when the brand is trampled on by a wave of hyped hysteria. Value for money is a personal thing I certainly don't feel cheated.

Demoing is your only answer, i demoed between Kef eggs and the Bose expecting to come away with the eggs, even after reading the bad press I came away a happy Bose customer.

8. n0s

n0s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Far better speakers out there for the same if not less. Look at the Mordaunt Short Genie, the KEF 2005.2 or 5005 setup, Focal.JMLab Sib and Cub2 setup, Tannoy Arena. Trust me the quality difference will be worth it.

9. corvettez06

corvettez06
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I'm not a Bose hater (I own and LIKE my Bose Triport headphones) but I do have to say any of their systems with the tiny cube speakers are overpriced and the cones are literly made out of paper. Those things can blow really easily. My aunt has some Bose cube speakers and I could hear crackling in them (and she had a decent amp I believe, Onkyo maybe?). Anyways, for the money I'd highly recommend getting a nice receiver or something similar and Boston Acoustic speakers (hehe yes I know, I recommend what I have) or Klipsche (uh oh spelling?!?) or even Yamaha.

Basically I would build a custom system before buying a Bose cube system...

Besides Bose doesn't even tell you the stats on most of their stuff, they just assume you understand that they are supposed to be "quality". Stuff such as max wattage for a speaker or even how many watts their amps make...

10. gunizzle

gunizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i own the AM6 system, ive never heard the AM10 before but i will say this i paid about £500 for the speakers, have just purchased Canton CD1s movie speakers and which were half the price from the forum power buy thing and have to say that i think the cantons actually blow the bose out of the water, i think the bose lack serious mid range, theyre great at loud volume and have crisp treble and deep bass but the canton system really whips it!!

11. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I am sorry I am a standard reply

look at other choices bla bla bla - you will be pleased you did

bla bla bla bla bla

standard reply

bla bla bla

thats it

12. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :D

13. rbrites

rbrites

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Guys tks,

I will be doing some demos this week, just one more thing in terms of mid range in this case which speakers then should i go for??

tks