Bose Acoustimass 6 Series V

AdamskiP

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Having purchased the awesome Sony 55XE9005 TV this week, I am looking for a discreet speaker system to go in a room that is only 11x9ft (our third bedroom, or my man cave as it is commonly known).

I’ve seen online that the Acoustimass 6 series V is only £400 now for the system without a receiver (at least I don’t think it comes with anything, unlike my Cinemate downstairs which has a little optical receiver).

I was looking at one of the cheaper Atmos AV receivers at Richer sounds by Denon,Pioneer or Yamaha to go with.

Anyone know it this would be a decent, small system to get me going at a reasonable price? I know that Bose aren’t necessarily the greatest sound quality but the size and style look good and in a small room, that does matter to me.

Anything else I should be looking at? Overall budget of about £700ish

The usual recommendation is to stay away from Bose. You can get better speakers for similar price. Your budget is very tight, but if you definitely want receiver with atmos capability then this deal is quite great;

Denon AVR-X2400H AV Receiver with Monitor Audio Mass AV Speakers

With basic 5.1 receiver from Yamaha the price would drop 150£;
Yamaha RX-V383 AV Receiver with Monitor Audio Mass AV Speakers

699£ one higher line 5.1 Yammy (Denon deal is better!);
Yamaha RX-V483 AV Receiver with Monitor Audio Mass AV Speakers

Specs & reviews; Mass 5.1 | Speaker System | Monitor Audio

I think you could listen the Mass serie in your local RS or hifi store, seems to be available in many places.

The usual recommendation is to stay away from Bose. You can get better speakers for similar price. Your budget is very tight, but if you definitely want receiver with atmos capability then this deal is quite great;

Denon AVR-X2400H AV Receiver with Monitor Audio Mass AV Speakers

With basic 5.1 receiver from Yamaha the price would drop 150£;
Yamaha RX-V383 AV Receiver with Monitor Audio Mass AV Speakers

699£ one higher line 5.1 Yammy (Denon deal is better!);
Yamaha RX-V483 AV Receiver with Monitor Audio Mass AV Speakers

Specs & reviews; Mass 5.1 | Speaker System | Monitor Audio

I think you could listen the Mass serie in your local RS or hifi store, seems to be available in many places.
Thanks so much, I went for the Denon deal! Can't wait to get it all. As it was just above budget, it means I can save a little and get the stands to go with next month. Cheers for the recommendation.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom