Bose Acoustimass 10 Series III - best settings?

rmarinheira

Standard Member
Hi all!
I have a Bose Acoustimass 10 Series III system hooked up to a Sony STR-DG710 AV Receiver (a bit older).
The speaker system was connected as per Bose instructions: satellite cubes connect to bass unit, ant then bass unit connects to AV Receiver (via speaker outrputs and LFE/subwoofer output).
I had the speaker configured in the AV Receiver as being large, and LEF - On.
Yet, I always noticed sound to be extra boomy, a bit muffled.
The other day I was messing around setting and put speakers as Small, and with those settignsd I was able to set tup the crossover frequency (unavailable for Large speakers).
Bass got iimediatelly more profound, a bit nicer to be honest.
Yet, I notice that dialogues sound get a lot thinner.
My doubt: should I put back speaker on Large as per Bose instructions, and then try to fine tune other settings, or keep the speakers on SMALL?
When on Large, during dialogues, voices get a bit more deep, with nice bass accents during speech, as oposed to what happens in SMALL.
This is getting me confused: how should the dialogues sound via center speaker (or satellite if source is not 5.1)? A bit on the tiny side, being the bass unit responsible for LFE (which almost does not ocurr on nost dialogues, or having satellite speaker on LARGE dealing with some of the low frequencies?
Hope to get some clarification here.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom