1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose Acoustimass® 15 Series II & Sony STR-DA5ES

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kuphryn, Apr 6, 2003.

1. kuphryn

kuphryn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

My friend has a Sony STR-DA5ES home audio receiver. He bought Bose Acoustimass® 15 Series II set. However, the speaker system sounded nothing like what we heard at the store. They are not loud! Furthermore, the subwoofer is weak. There is no normal connector for a subwoofer on the receive.

First, I would like to know how do they make the Bose speaks sound so loud in showers?

Secondly, should he go with just two loadspeakers and a center? This is my setup.

Thanks,
    Kuphryn

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last time I head a Bose setup it had three Bose woofer modules, wheras the model you get just comes with one.

The salesman did not tell me that.

If he wants 5.1, he'll need a 5.1 speaker system (five speakers and a sub)

Don't know if Bose stuff is upgradeable. Probably not.

3. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    Hi

You have to connect the 6th sub-woofer cable into the LFE output on your receiver

Also set all speakers to large

The front left and right speakers should be parted about 45 degrees aiming at you ( also the back ones )

For the center channel its a good idea for both top and bottom sections to point at you

The base module should be placed at the front, near the center speaker

The base module has lfe and bass settings. I have these at 12. o'clock

It should sound ok then

Your benefiting from dispersed sound, which is one good thing from the Bose ie you cannot localise the speakers

Also the back speakers act in a bi-pole sort of way for movies, but when listening to music, have the benefit of been more directional ie when listening to pro-logic II music

4. R32

R32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi nathan_silly,
    As far as I'm aware there are no 3 sub systems made by bose. However they did use a diplay stand that holds three woofers for demonstrating 3 lyfestyle systems.
    The AM 15 system is rated at 15w RMS per pod, the total of which is then matched by the sub. In addition to that there is a powered drive unit in the AM15's.

5. kuphryn

kuphryn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. Thanks.

Kuphryn