BOSE AC 6 Upgrade with VCS 10

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by BoomBoom, Aug 27, 2004.

1. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a BOSE AC 6 and would like to upgrade the Centre speaker as the sound is a little flat, I want to get a BOSE speaker for the 'WAF' and have been looking at the VCS-10.

I know many will say dump the BOSE and get suchandsuch but I can't do that, I am stuck with them.

1) What I want to know is can I cannot the VCS-10 to the AC-6 Sub or does it need to run directly from the AMP?

2) Also do you know if you can get a wall bracket for the 10? I want to mount it below my Plasma.

3) I will be mounting all 3 front speakers at ear level should the FL & FR line up perfectly with the Centre?

thanks in advance.

2. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Hi

I have a Bose AM15 and had some problems with the center channel but it does not bother me now after some things I changed, which are

1. Buy a high quality optical cable running from DVD player to amplifier. I have a Nordost White Light cost 50 pounds and its really improved things alot. Base is controlled better, the speakers are more musical and DVD's more detailed. Well recommended

2. Buy a Pioneer dvd player which has a vocal enhancement feature. This seems to have made the center channel more intelligible but I do not know how it works. I have it set to medium on my Pioneer 575a and dialogue is clear for me

3. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much.

I will give that cable a go. Do you know if Pioneer do a decent DVD Player which has DVI output? and ofcourse it can't be toooo pricey...I don't want much do I ?
    :laugh:

4. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I wanna know the answer to 1) too. PLS