Bose 700 soundbar optical input damaged

GR1012

Novice Member
Hi, very much a novice but learning and this site is great.
My issue and frustration. I have a Bose 700 soundbar, the optical input is damaged and yes I should and will get it repaired.
I have set up my first HD projector with latest fire stick.
Set up;
Ezcoo MX 42pro-has
2 x out
4 x in
Opt out

Out to projector

Inputs have fire stick
Current sound is Bluetooth via fire stick app.

There is an opt out but currently no working optical on Bose 700
Have an HDMI TO HDMI + audio converter.
Is there something I can use from the optical out of matrix to then plug into Bose soundbar.?
Many thanks in advance

Gary

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If the Optical Input on the Soundbar is not operational that only leaves the eARC HDMI socket.

You can add an HDFury Arcana to the system with the Output of your HDMI Switch connected to the Input on the Arcana then you connect the Arcana to the Projector and Soundbar via it’s two Output sockets.

Joe

PS Often a broken optical port can be as simple as the plastic shutter which keeps dust out when the socket is not in use has been dislodged - that is a simple fix with a set of tweezers!

GR1012

Novice Member
If the Optical Input on the Soundbar is not operational that only leaves the eARC HDMI socket.

You can add an HDFury Arcana to the system with the Output of your HDMI Switch connected to the Input on the Arcana then you connect the Arcana to the Projector and Soundbar via it’s two Output sockets.

Joe

PS Often a broken optical port can be as simple as the plastic shutter which keeps dust out when the socket is not in use has been dislodged - that is a simple fix with a set of tweezers!
Many thanks for your advice I will try the tweezers and maybe look at arcana as heard good feedback

GR1012

Novice Member

Joe

What’s delivery on hd fury if order over the weekend. I’m in UK Bedfordshire

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Apologies only just spotted your follow up post.

We usually ship same day Monday to Friday using a Next Day service.

Joe

GR1012

Novice Member
Hi Joe,
I have now got HD fury arcana set up which allows soundbar to work via earc which is great. I currently only have a Optoma 1080p projector but will be upgrading new year. What’s the best settings to improve picture ?
Have the new fire stick max input.
Thanks in advance.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Ideally you make image adjustments on the projector - you may want to make adjustments on a per signal type basis.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom