1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bose 321 vs Denon

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by wooke01, Nov 9, 2004.

1. wooke01

wooke01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thiking of getting a smaller more compact set up and want less cabling, does anyone know if any of the above are any good and is one better than the other?

I just wondered if you were paying a premium for the bose name over the denon. Also with the denon can the subwoofer be put anywhere in the room as with the bose as dont really want an ugly subwoofer at the front of the room?

Are there also any wireless speaker systems which are any good under 1000?? Currently have an old prologic 5.1 amp with a mission cinema pack but we now have wooden floors so would be better to go wireless or as few speakers as possible so we can hide the speakers. I would also require multi region versions of the denon or bose if possible since i dont ever play region 2 dvds, is this possible to get? (I dont really want to use hacks would rather gfet a machine modded),.

people have also recommended the KEF KIT 100 but that looks a bit to freakish design to put onto our walls.

thanks

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get a demo of the BOSE they are over priced but so are all designer labels.... If you go that route i suggest the 321GS as it performs much better than the standard unit. I have not heard the denon but have heard the Kef which sonical;ly is a match for the 321GS but has better connectivity...321 has only S-video or composite, no component or scart (RGBB) outputs