Bose 300 Smart Soundbar Sound Problem

ade555

I'm having problem with Bose 300 Smart Soundbar sound, let me explain, when the soundbar is off for longer period of time when I turn the TV there is just no sound, currently setup to be one with TV via ARC and worked fine since Aug 2021, I know the sound bar is ON because when you change volume via TV remote control there is different icon vs internal speakers, on last 2 occasions changing the source to bluetooth and back to tv use to solve this but recently only option I have is remove the power plug wait a bit then plug back again, all working again until I turn the tv off for longer.

Already Switched off the Standby Timer.

Spoken to Bose today as the item still have warranty but the only solution they have is send it back to them.

Anyone experience similar problem?

ade555

I had a quick read of the manual and looks like even with the Standby Timer in OFF soundbar will go in to standby mode after 2.5h, to me looks like there is problem with waking the soundbar, so had a look at the the CEC settings, always kept at default (option 1) but looking at the manual there is couple options which might resolve my problem before I send this off.

Attachments

• IMG_0863.PNG
    IMG_0863.PNG
    305.6 KB · Views: 91

mow2512

Novice Member
I've had exactly the same issue with my Smart soundbar 300 and my Samsung QE50.
Worked fine for a year, then nothing on start up, tv says it's playing through the soundbar, soundbar says it's playing the TV, but no sound! Occasionally works through various resets etc, but not often.
I sent it back to BOSE, they sent it back with no fault found!

ade555

Update:

I never sent mine back to Bose or changed any settings but fixed it self 3 days later and problem didn't appear again so been honest still not sure what happen and what has change that it just started to work as it should.

mow2512

Novice Member
After returning from BOSE mine worked for two days then failed again! After being unplugged for two days I tried again and it’s currently working, have to wait and see if it fails again. The store won’t touch it unless BOSE say it’s faulty or acknowledge the fact that others have had the same issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom