Quantcast

Bosch Fridge Freezer

Arend

Standard Member
I have been given a Bosch Fridge/Freexer in excellent condition - unfortunately when I plug the Fridge freezer in the Fridge light and temperature dials come on but the Fridge and Freezer are not cooling - any ideas.

MartinMiller

If you got it home and just plugged it in it won't work leave it unplugged for a few hours then try again sometimes the gas has to settle before using especially after moving it

Martin

Chadford

Distinguished Member
Don't know much about fridges and freezers. I assume It was working just before you acquired it? and that the problem has occurred in transit.

1) Does the compressor (motor) run? you should be able to hear it humming if it's running. If it is not running then it will not be cooling. This I guess could be a bad connection somewhere?

2) Does the compressor run constantly or nearly constantly? If so this could indicate that gas may have escaped? and thus no cooling.

That's all I can think of. :)

Ayub

Distinguished Member
I have been given a Bosch Fridge/Freexer in excellent condition - unfortunately when I plug the Fridge freezer in the Fridge light and temperature dials come on but the Fridge and Freezer are not cooling - any ideas.
Again a little repetitive but, was it working before you moved it?

Can you hear the black compressor at the bottom make a humming noise?

If it was fully working when you brought it home try locating the compressor and making sure the plug/connectors have not come off ( I moved a fridge and they came loose).