Bosch Fridge Freezer - is it working properly?

Discussion in 'Domestic White Goods Forum' started by Jeff in france, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jeff in france

Jeff in france
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Bosch KGV 31421ff/01 it seems to go through a cooling cycle,fridge temp 5 C freezer temp -22 C , compressor stops,rear wall of fridge coated with beaded ice , fridge temp rises overtime to 9/10 C freezer temp -18. rear wall de-frosted beads of water now.Compressor restarts and repeats the water seems to remain re-freezes.The internal fan in fridge section I have never seen running,what is it for?
    is this normal.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. Dude a llama

Dude a llama

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Yes all sounds normal, the fan circulates the cool air around and will run with the compressor but will switch off if you open the door.

3. Jeff in france

Jeff in france
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dude a iiama
    I have marked the fan blades position and it has not moved & I have never noticed it ever operating. My main concern is the is the very wide range of temp fluctuation in both fridge and freezer,every operating cycle seems to be a defrost of the fridge (beads of water on rear wall) followed by freezing of those beads.Is the fan meant to move the condensation beads downwards to drain away to evaporate on top of the compressor?

4. Dude a llama

Dude a llama

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi Jeff,

I'd need a bit more info, is your fridge frost free?, what model?
    The beads of water freezing and defrosting sounds o.k but you shouldn't get too much of a fluctuation in temperature. Fridge should be roughly 4oc and freezer -18 to -20.

5. Jeff in france

Jeff in france
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again
    Model details are in first post,fridge is auto-defrost Freezer section is not.Fridge is set at +4 C,the range varies from +5 to +10 & Freezer -15 To -23 C. Every cycle seems to be a de-frost cycle .The fan never seems to run.

6. Dude a llama

Dude a llama

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi Jeff,

I missed the model info in your first post.

It's quite unusual to have a fan in a non frost free fridge, I have been on the Bosch website and I can see a fan from a photo of the appliance but there is no mention in the instruction manual or the parts breakdown which is odd.
    I'm not familiar with that exact model but I would guess that it provides extra cooling for the fridge and would possibly be turned on via a switch on the underside of the facia? If not then you may need someone to check it out for you and test if there is power to the fan motor.
    Regarding the fluctation in temperature, it could be down to a faulty sensor which is mounted behind a small access panel on the l.h.s interior of the fridge.
    Sorry I can't be of more help but it's difficult without seeing the appliance