Boris Johnson: Resigns….

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could argue with that.

I must admit I do enjoy these days reading the thoughts of those who are experienced in matters of government. People we should be listening to - rather than the politicians themselves and the gutter press.

This is a great lecture from former MI5 Chief Lord Evans. Well worth the time for anyone interested in the principles and standards of our democracy. And where we currently reside.

IMG_20201121_145337.jpg

Last edited:

From the article:

"The case [if] successful [would] represent a further serious blow to the credibility of the government’s handling of the pandemic and support claims that ministers have been running a 'chumocracy'."

I fear the author is labouring under the illusion that normal rules still apply, that this government can be shamed into operating according to an established code of practice, and that any of this will register with the public in a meaningful way.

Normal rules don't apply, in terms of our government possessing the integrity to act in the public interest, and in terms of awareness of the threat to our democracy and a public will to defend it.

"Boris Johnson is set to axe Priti Patel as home secretary in his next reshuffle amid questions in Downing Street over her “competence” — as it emerged that a report into her conduct found that she told civil servants they were “f***ing useless”.

The prime minister circled the wagons to protect Patel last week, rejecting an official finding that she had bullied officials and broken the ministerial code of conduct.

But multiple sources say he has had conversations about replacing her as home secretary when he recasts his cabinet in the New Year."

The witch is dead.
tenor.gif

Shortly anway.

Does this count as a U-turn? :D @mcbainne @IronGiant

So she's either guilty as sin and he realises the report might leak from one of the leakiest offices of all time.

Or he's just accepted she's utter shite at her job and needs to be sacked from it anyway. Counter-terrorism anyone? :laugh:

Either way another epic fail to add to the list. Considering not long back he hailed her as the home secretary who would get to grips with law and order and solve the immigration crisis.

So she's either guilty as sin and he realises the report might leak from one of the leakiest offices of all time.

Or he's just accepted she's utter sh*te at her job and needs to be sacked from it anyway. Counter-terrorism anyone? :laugh:

Either way another epic fail to add to the list. Considering not long back he hailed her as the home secretary who would get to grips with law and order and solve the immigration crisis.
Stupid from Johnson again. He could have shown some strong and effectual leadership for once by sacking her and stating he won’t tolerate bullying in the government. Instead he’s going to sack her for being crap at a job that he himself gave her and told us how brilliant she was going to be.

If only there was a Bojo vaccine...

There is - it's called Keir Starmer.

However, the new vaccine needs a further 4 years of research and development before it can be implemented.
;)
Likely to fail too 😆

That should be us, the electorate.

Unfortunately 40 percent of voters remain happily contaminated.
Thank goodness, otherwise we would have JC and his mob in charge including Kier.

You mean the Kier that destroys Johnson every week at PMQs?
I mean the one who endorsed JC for prime minister. I believe they are the same person, although I don’t hold your position of he “destroys Johnson every week at PMQs”. That is just your opinion.

PMQs is at best a pantomime anyway, perhaps he suits the role of lead Dame.

Or he's just accepted she's utter sh*te at her job and needs to be sacked from it anyway. Counter-terrorism anyone? :laugh:

Imagine having the report for 7 months and releasing it during anti bullying week, top trolling by BawJaws :rotfl:

Bloody bugger that democracy, one half of the voters are unhappy with the other, in the age of social media this means constant attacks on the others viewpoints, haranguing and harassing with both sides questioning even attacking the virtues of the representative's and even the personal morality/ethics of each poster.

The rest don't give a monkey's.
Democratic trilemma.

Having a weak PM and a strong Opposition (leader) should at least help keep the Government (slightly more?) accountable.

Last edited:
There he is, Baron Lebedev. Helping pass (and block) legislation on behalf of us all. While Pops is off playing KGB and kompromat with Vlad :D

I'm so relieved though that the Russia Report said we didn't have anything to worry about :laugh:

Last edited:
Having a weak PM and a strong Opposition (leader) should at least help keep the Government (slightly more?) accountable.

Only if the leader of the opposition cuts through with the public and the polls nose dive for the Government.

Oh and I'll guess if Johnson sacks or demotes Priti Patel, he'll probably give the Home Sectary job to his chum Kit Malthouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom