Boris Johnson: the new PM to energise the country?

fluxo

Distinguished Member
I was quite surprised to find out Johnson is pretty short, hes about 5 ft 6- he looks tall if that doesnt sound silly. (not that height has anything to do with him being a horrendous person)
I assume that pic hasnt been doctored

I’d like to know if that assumption is correct. The picture is startling.

Seb Briggs

The doctored photo was pasted to go with the story of Cormoran and was amusing, however it does worry me that some seem to think it was real.

1623409147909.png

MrsArcanum

tapzilla2k

Distinguished Member
It's just gonna take some longer to realise that than it should.

Some might not even realise it, even after he's directly harmed them through his poor decision making. But I expect they will be a tiny minority of people. It's only a matter of time until that harm happens sadly. Pandemic = benefit of the doubt for Johnson and co. I expect Johnson will try to delay the inquiry for as long as he can, so that when it does happen he'll be long gone from office. As then it'll be somebody else's mess to clean up.

At least he doesn't look like the Michelin man crammed into an ill fitting suit.

psikey

Distinguished Member
Some might not even realise it, even after he's directly harmed them through his poor decision making. But I expect they will be a tiny minority of people. It's only a matter of time until that harm happens sadly. Pandemic = benefit of the doubt for Johnson and co. I expect Johnson will try to delay the inquiry for as long as he can, so that when it does happen he'll be long gone from office. As then it'll be somebody else's mess to clean up.

At least he doesn't look like the Michelin man crammed into an ill fitting suit.
Are you a Fatist? We don't like "ist's" in these forums :nono:

Last edited:

mossy2103

The world is pretty much run by old men in dark suits - that's the standard template and only Angela Merkel (Germany) and Ursula von der Leyen (EU) break the mould.

And yes, they are unbearably pompous and love the sound of their own voices. They'll use lots of fine words, make serious faces and pledge lots of world-changing actions, but nothing that will directly affect their power and influence.

And I still don't know why it's being held in Cornwall, unless they're all planning a group outing to the Eden Project. Bozo can have another go on the zip wire, maybe he won't get "stuck" this time.
Funny you should say that:

Laureline

The class just keeps on oozing out :laugh:

Though maybe Biden was remembering the Brown/Obama gift exchange.

Brown gave Obama a pen holder carved from the wood of a sister ship HMS Resolute, whose wood was used to carve the Oval Office desk. In return Obama gave Brown a box-set of 25 DVDs that being American wouldn't even play on a standard DVD in the UK :)

Though, as the Guardian notes the 25 DVDs weren't just randomly chosen but were curated

Ron Hilditch

You were very concerned about lives when it was Labour playing with them, I take it then you've got nothing to say when it's the Conservatives?

I'd say I'm shocked, but thanks once again for proving my point for me.
Think you're looking in the mirror, when it comes to political bias. How many wars have be been in since the 1980s? How many were when the the Tory Party was in Government?

Ron Hilditch

What's the alternative?
A Norwegian style deal on trade for Northern Ireland only. If the EU is do afraid that chilled British sausages might end up in other parts of the EU? All they've got to do is look at the packaging. It will say made in the UK. Not exactly cocaine or heroin is it.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Think you're looking in the mirror, when it comes to political bias. How many wars have be been in since the 1980s? How many were when the the Tory Party was in Government?

Christ alive, do you want that JCB again?

Let's celebrate government success by the metric of how many wars they've been involved in.

This is absolutely laughable whataboutery, there's really no other way to describe it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Q Acoustics announces Q Active app availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL introduces Roku smart TVs for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Melco Audio introduces new N100-H50 digital music library
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 16th June 2021